Thursday 23 August 2012

Holy Desecration!

"Cover me, when I sleep
Cover me, when I breathe
You throw your pearls before the swine
Make the Monkey blind!"
Ecco Simia - Before & After
In a terrible act of desecration reminiscent of the Taliban's destruction of the Buddha's of Bamiyan in 2001, a 80 year old Spanish Roman Catholic lady has been caught vandalising an important historic and scientific fresco.
Ecco Simia ("Behold the Monkey") by Elias Garcia Martinez depicts a half-human half-simian face and is widely believed to be one of the earliest technical drawings of evolutionary theory.
The unnamed elderly lady splattered the Ecco Simia with white matt paint and then attempted to distort the face to make it look more "religious and saintly".
Alarmed Spanish cultural officials report that the lady was variously shouting, "the Voices made me do it!", "God made me do it!" and "my Priest made me do it!" while blood flowed from the palms of her hands. 
We sincerely hope she gets all the help she needs.
Click here for further information on the sad and distressing story.

No comments:

Post a Comment