Wednesday 21 March 2012

Slug Daddy & Puppy Puddlegum Go Down in Mayfair


On returning from an RL art gallery located in Mayfair London, I was bemused to see the Quan Lavender had just that moment posted a review of her visit to the SL Mayfair.
I resolved to go visit immediately – this sounded like a perfect assignment for Slug Daddy and Puppy Puddlegum!
The interesting thing about SL Mayfair is that it is entirely made of mesh. And, I must say, it looks great.
Last figures I saw from LLab, approx. 2 weeks ago, 80% of viewers logging into SL are mesh-enabled. At the risk of stating the obvious, if you are not using a mesh-enabled viewer then Mayfair will look a complete mess to you. It seriously is about time you updated.
I have been wearing mesh clothes for quite a while now and, for the most part, I really like it. It is not without problems, mainly due to the necessity of changing the avatar shape to fit the mesh rather than the mesh moulding to the avatar shape.
However, the number of people who IM saying things like “Please rebake, I can’t see your mid-section” or “You need to re-log” has dropped considerably. I assume that’s because more and more are using mesh-enabled viewers, as LLab state.
Slug Daddy was saddened to note that the SL Mayfair region is rated ‘General’. This prevented him from stroking his Puppy in public.





Pixie xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment