Sunday 11 September 2011

Thom Silverfall at Moonhearts

"I could light the night up with my soul on fire
I could make the sun shine from pure desire
Let me feel that love come over me
Let me feel how strong it could be"



Last Sunday, the 4th Sept, I found myself at a loose end for one hour while waiting for the Traditional Chinese Theatre to begin.
Having just released 'Rapture', I was not in the mood for anything heavy or stressful and simply fancied a break. I opened up 'Events Happening Now' to see if anything interesting jumped out.
"Thom Silverfall at MoonHearts", it said, so I tp'd over for a gander.
MoonHearts is a smart live music venue owned by Shady Forsythe. Situated at 1000m, the dance floor and stage are surrounded by twelve very attractive bronze bas-relief type pieces, one for each sign of the zodiac. A large glimmering aurora borealis can be seen through the gaps between the bas-reliefs and overhead due to the ceiling-less build.
I thought it a nice ambience and the venue atmosphere was relaxed and friendly.
Thom Silverfall had already started his set by the time I arrived. His music is ambient electronic guitar with a folky-blues feel to it. Thom himself comes across as a chatty and likeable fella.
To quote from Thom's own web site, from where you can download more of his music:


"Thom does not use tapes. Instead he uses computer software, sequencers, drum machines, synthesizers, vocal effects, and other gadgets to produce a one-man live show. All parts are played (or programmed) by Thom himself. 
He does all his own arrangements, and puts them together on the fly during each performance.
Vocals and electric guitar are played live. Every show is unique!"



As of next Sunday 18th September, Thom plays live at MoonHearts every Sunday at 1pm. Jump over to enjoy good music being played live at a good venue.
While there I couldn't help but press <F9> and string together the resulting raw footage with a few default cross-dissolves.
Please enjoy this simple, no-frills film of Thom Silverfall performing his rendition of The Eurythmics 'Sweet Dreams Are Made of This' at MoonHearts venue on Sunday 4th Sept:




Oh, and by the way Thom, its called a "Kanzashi Hair Pin"!

No comments:

Post a Comment