Friday 19 August 2011

Martyrs

Today a film by French director Pascal Laugier was recommended to me as "teh most scary film evar".


That film is called "Martyrs" and it was first screened at the 2008 Cannes Festival where it received mixed reviews due to its level of violence.

The film opens as the heroine escapes from a disused abbatoir where she has been imprisoned for years.

According to my friend, who watched the original French cut of the film with English sub-titles, that scene is the most cheerful of the whole film!

My friend is lending my the DVD next week, but in the meantime I found that the full film has been posted in parts on YouTube. This version is overdubbed in English.

Right now I am laying in bed wrapped only in my dressing gown. The bedroom lights are dimmed. I have a mug of sweet milky coco and a glass of water on my bedside table. I am just about to press the 'Play' button for Part 1...

Hold my hand and watch it with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment