Thursday 9 June 2011

The Alanis Gallery of Sensual Images

I recommend to you a visit to the Alanis Gallery of Sensual Images .

Go with a lover.


The gallery owners, Michiel Seetan and Sylvia Fitzpatrick have collected together many admirable pieces from numerous different artists.

Other than the obvious "sensual" theme, the other common feature in the collection was the high quality of all the pieces.

The curators clearly have a good eye

A number of the artists caught my eye and I would specifically name Roger Woods, Emiel Drascol and Sylvia Fitzpatrick herself.

For this blog, however, I'd would like to particularily draw your attention to the work of Carolyn Weltman.

Carolyn is a UK artist and studied at the wonderful Goldsmith's College, University of London. She has been a street artist and her work is well known in Soho (London and New York) . It has been sold at Christies and Sotheby's as well as appearing in Penthouse International!


"I am utterly and unashamedly ecumenical in my fascination with the human form and the imaginative capacity for loving of its inhabitants." – Carolyn Weltman




 

No comments:

Post a Comment